Wednesday, December 14, 2011

To Take A Break Or Not To Take A Break


December is half way over and I haven’t really done a whole lot of writing.  

I haven’t decided that’s a good thing or not.  On one hand, I wrote two novel s in four months.  On the other hand, I have a goal to have either the first novel self published by this time next year or have a publishing date.  At the moment, neither novel is ready for public consumption.   They need a lot of work but at the same time, I kind of need a break.

I did a lot of writing in a short amount of time.  My brain needs a little bit of a rest.  I’m now starting to get to a point where I’m coming up with ideas for the rewrite including changing the direction of the story to raise the stakes a bit and create more compelling tension.  I’m actually really excited about the possibilities for the story and where it could go. 

It’s also the holiday season.  I have a half decorated house, sugar cookie dough in the fridge and brand new Christmas cookie cutters that need to be used.  I’ve decided that taking some time to celebrate the season is a good thing for this month.  After that, I can get back on a steadier track.  In the meantime, any writing I get in is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment