Friday, August 5, 2011

Starstruck Prompt Day Two: The Season For Writing

It's a lazy working day here at the Cline house. I'm in my desk (my bed) working on my novel while Elliott's laying on the floor in a twisted position just kind of staring off into space. It's warm but gray and cloudy today. It feels like fall. Most of all, it's a perfect day to write.

Fall is easily my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air, the leaves on the ground, the excuse to drink tea all day and the sense of newness that surrounds me. Almost every year, I have a new job or am starting a new term after a summer off. Last fall was very intense but as I look back, my mind remembers only the good and I love that.

What is your favorite season? Rather than write a composition of "Why I Love (my favorite season)," write a story that takes place in your favorite season. Describe the colors, sounds, smells, tastes. Be vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment