Monday, August 20, 2012

How Do You Warm Up To Write?

In a few of my writing classes in college, we'd have warm up writing time.  It was one of my favorite things to do.  At one point, I had permission to come to class late because I was working across campus.  This often meant arriving to class late and missing warm up time altogether.  I wasn't happy about that but I managed.

Lately, I have had a lot of things on my plate.  My time to write has been interrupted by other things or distracted by other things so it's been hard for me to shift focus.  Sometimes, it takes hours to get me from wrapping up one project to spending time writing.  Generally, opening the file and putting pen to paper is what gets me started.  Sometimes, it works right away.  Other times, I need more help.

What do you do to warm up?  Does it involve even involve writing?  Is it a ritual where you have to have certain things to get started?  Feel free to share in the comments.  I'd love suggestions from my readers that we can share.

No comments:

Post a Comment